Publicerad 2011-07-25 22:49
The terrorist attacks in Oslo have been widely condemned. At the same time they raise many questions. During the last few of days Expo’s employees have tried to answer as many questions as possible about the perpetrator and his ideology.
The terrorist attacks in Oslo has been widely condemned. At the same time it raises many questions. During the last couple of days Expos employees have tried to answer as many questions as possible about the culprit and his ideology. Still, the pressure from the various media channels is unprecedented in Expos 15 year history. That is why we have chosen to publish this press release with some of the answers to the various questions that have been raised.
– The posts made by Anders Behring Breivik on the site document.no and the manifest that he has spread places him in an ultra conservative anti-muslim environment. It is in this ideological strain that he has found the inspiration, arguments and analyses that have made out the greater part of his writing.
– The anti-muslim environment that Anders Behring Breivik lives in is made up of an idea based on the clash of civilization, a war between islam and the west, and also the thought of a left winged political infiltration of society that does everything to destroy tradition, western culture and people. Included in the ideology is also a resistance against multiculturalism that is regarded as a force that enables an islamisation of society.
- This ideological environment is built up around blogs, websites, networks and ideologues. It reaches into the various european populist right winged parties.
- It is impossible to disregard the ideological environment where Behring Breivik has structured his views on society if you want to understand the causes behind the terrorist attack in Oslo the 22 of July. Behring Breivik has taken contemporary anti muslim rhetoric and driven it to the most extreme point. That is why he sees the social democratic workers party as a legitimate enemy.
- We have seen terrorist acts with an anti muslim agenda before around the world. It was not long ago that Europe experienced genocide where muslims were the target. But the terrorist acts in Oslo on the 22 of July is the first example of terrorism of a greater scale where the culprit is an individual from the anti muslim environment. This doesn’t mean that those who are part of the anti muslim ideology also are guilty of the crime, nor can they be held responsible for it. It is also important to remember that the anti muslim movement neither supports terrorism or consider it to be a legitimate working method.
- The terrorist acts point to a worrying development. The fact that Anders Behring Breivik was inspiried inside the anti muslim movement and it’s doomsday prophecies show that anti muslim ideology can act as fuel for a radicalisation process.
- Expo does not know Anders Behring Breivik from earlier. Neither have we heard of the organisation that he says that he belongs to.
- There is information that points to some parts of the manifest as being copied from other sources. It it important to remember that this does not oppose the fact that Anders Behring Breivik used the material in order to spread information about his ideas and the ideology that he used to build his world of ideas.
In order to contact Expos employees:
Daniel Poohl, editor in chief of Expo +46 (0)8 400 219 61 (landline, reconnected to cell)
Jonathan Leman +46 (0)73 701 18 55
Alexander Bengtsson +46 (0)73 537 69 90
Mikael Ekman +46 (0)73 340 19 30
Johannes Jakobsson +46 (0)8 400 219 63 (landline, reconnected to cell)
Anders Dalsbro +46 (0)8-400 219 62 (landline, reconnected to cell)
Efterfrågar politiskt engagemang: ”Vi behöver hjälp”.
Spred bilder med nazistsymboler på sociala medier.
I samband med en nazistdemonstration i Jönköping uppstod tumult med polis.
Dom efter förra årets nazistdemonstration i Göteborg.
Polisen: ”Finns skäl för åklagare att titta närmare på ärendet.”
NMR:s riksdagskandidat Robin Boström döms för förgripelse mot tjänsteman och hemfridsbrott efter en aktion mot en åklagare på Gotland.